Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Good/Bad

Good: I finished my copy edits at last.

Bad: I'm looking over my proposal and not feeling it right now.

Good: My house is finally cleaned up from the flood.

Bad: It might be clean but it looks like hell. Like it recently flooded or something.

Good: No more flooding, thank goodness.

Bad: But, at the moment, I am glued to my window, watching the lake in my back yard spread closer and closer toward my house. Thunder and lightning. Sheets of rain. I remember loving this when I was a kid. How things have changed.

Good: I have a steady, good-paying job that I'm pretty good at.

Bad: Otherwise, it sucks. I'm talking a why-not-just-give-up-and-and-a-nervous-breakdown kind of suckage. Or how-much-longer-must-I-endure-this-infinite-bullshit kind of suckage.

Good: I haven't gained any weight.

Bad: I haven't lost any weight--and they're building a Dunkin Donuts nearby.

Good: I have a great haircut.

Bad: My blow dyer died. Do you know how hard it is to get used to a new one? Or is it just me?

Good: I'm still not smoking.

Bad: My teeth are probably rotting from the Nicorette.

No comments: