Friday, December 26, 2008

Friday 5

1.
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
87,348 / 90,000
(97.1%)

Yeah, the progress looks good, but two problems: the first draft will surpass 90k (probably > 100k again)and no way will this be finished by the end of the year.

I'm okay with that. I have "goals" not "deadlines," remember? If you don't reach a goal, no big deal--you extend it. You don't reach your deadline, you're...um, dead?

2. Christmas tidbits:

Beth and I called woke Nate up out of a sound sleep by calling him on his cell phone and singing "Holly Jolly Christmas" at the top of our lungs (we HATE that song). He actually listened without hanging up on us.

Grandma came over, ate dinner, opened all her gifts, and then asked, "So, did you get all your Christmas shopping done?"

Us: "Grandma. You just opened your gifts."

Grandma: "I did?"

Us: "Yes, TODAY is CHRISTMAS"--as we point to the BIG FAT TREE and mountains of wrapping paper.

Grandma: "It is? Well, you know my memory..."


I drank exactly three measely sips of plum wine--a gift from the Chinese restaurant we order from every Christmas Eve--and POW! A headache. I will never learn.

3. I got an iPod Nano and I'm not even sure what it is.

4. Karen, Beth, and I drove around Christmas Eve looking at the Christmas lights on the mansions on Edgewater Drive and Lake Road. I've since decided I want to be wealthy. Now, how to manage this?

5. I have to work 3-11 today...

...double back to work day shift tomorrow...

...then day shift Sunday...

...then 3-11 Monday.

So much for ANY writing this weekend. I wish I could grab an hour here, an hour there like other people. My brain doesn't work that way. If I can't have a minimum of 4 uninterrupted hours there's no point in trying because all I do is keep glancing at the clock, thinking: 30 more minutes...20 more minutes...10 more minutes... arrgh!

No comments: