Tuesday, June 28, 2011

25 Pounds Come Hell or High Water

Last year hubby decided we don't stock enough food in the garage freezer to justify it use. So he turned it off. I agreed at the time.

Then this spring--as I try to avoid the garage at all costs, which is used for JUNK, not cars--I noticed the freezer door was standing open. The shelves are loaded with dirt.

Me: WHY THE HELL DID YOU LEAVE THE FREEZER DOOR OPEN?

Hubby: I didn't want it to get musty.

Me: ??? *%#* ??? *$%# ??? %$&*!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So my job today is to clean out that freezer so Beth and I can load it up with Weight Watchers dinners. Five of us at work, plus Beth, and another friend, plan to lose 25 pounds by Thanksgiving. That's 5 pounds a month. I've even started walking (around the hospital, through the ghetto on my break, which means it's a pretty fast walk, pepper spray in hand). Plus I'm sure the 17 bags of mulch I hauled across the yard yesterday afternoon must have knocked off a couple hundred calories.

I will call this challenge...BlubberMo! :) Anyone care to join in? :)

No comments: