Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday 5

1. Though I'm stuck working all weekend, I am off on Monday...and this is where I hope to be: The TREMONT GREEKFEST.



I've been dreaming of Greek food for a week now, and what they serve at this festival is phenomenal! Yes, it'll be 91 degrees, but hey, there are tents and ice cold beer.

2. Another great review for THE UNQUIET from DANA'S YA BOOK PILE:

"The way the author takes her work at a psychiatric hospital and gives Rinn some very real problems was something that made this book special. The ghost element combined with the enigma of mental illness was a compelling mystery that unfolded like a complex piece of origami. If you like ghost stories or are a fan of Ellen Hopkins and her edgy real life issues, this is a book you will enjoy."

Can you tell I'm kind of some kind of Serious Love with book bloggers lately? <3 <3 <3

3. I've read 30 books so far this year, most of them YA, and I'm keeping track on my GOODREADS page. My goal is a book a week. Big whoop, right? It's not like I win a prize. I WANNA WIN A PRIZE!

4. Will you look at this lineup for the Northern Ohio SCBWI Annual Conference? And yes, I'm on the list! I will post more information as the time (September) draws nearer.

5. You know how you might see a book cover from a distance that catches your eye, so you have to stop what you're doing, get up, and walk all the way over to see what it is? This was mine today:

Photobucket

Freaking cool cover! A WIDOW'S STORY: A Memoir by (the amazing!) Joyce Carol Oates.

Have a safe and happy Memorial Day Weekend! I'll eat some baklava for ya. Smiley

No comments: