Tuesday, May 29, 2012

HOT HOT HOT ... the weather, not me

I lasted exactly 2.5 hours at the Greek Fest yesterday. NINETY-THREE FRICKING DEGREES! I was melting, melting--and in such a rush to get out of there, I forgot all about stocking up on baklava. Which is fine. It's not like I need it.

But now that it's hot outside, I've perked up a bit, mentally. This weekend, aside from working, I planted a couple ferns given to me by a co-worker--two fully grown, one baby. The baby grew about 3 inches overnight. The grown ones, however, look like hospice candidates. I highly doubt they'll make it. Have I mentioned I am possessed of a VERY Black Thumb? Nothing I planted last year ever materialized. A couple weeks ago, though, I tossed a few bulbs around and--amazingly!--some little green faces are already sprouting forth (I'm not a "yard" person...I just play one online).

Well, I'm getting hungry. Guess I'll go...yanno...eat an egg white or something.

Photobucket

No comments: