Monday, December 31, 2007

2007 Relfections

2007 has been a year of changes, some good (seeing my first novel published and selling my second) and some bad (the new job/lack of job situations). It's so easy to focus on the bad stuff because the bad has a tendency to override the good (at least for me).

For today, the last day of the year, I've promised myself to remember the good: My immediate family is healthy, safe, and we're all together. We love and respect each other, and--unlike so many other families-- we all get along. My children are not junkies or losers--they are smart, sweet, funny, and totally insane (in a good way, lol) and I love every minute I spend with them. My husband and I have been together for over half my life and yeah, we'll still be arguing over the TV for another 20 or 30 years. :) He is my heart. xox

We've had two weddings in my extended family, and the two new members of our family fit right in. One family member, after a very long struggle and in spite of the odds stacked against her, graduated from college and loves the new job. Another, thankfully, did not have to go back to Iraq for a third-fricking-time and is safe at home with his beautiful wife and a baby on the way. Another family member was hospitalized with a serious illness, and fully recovered. I have the most amazingly wonderful friends imaginable. And yes, we still have Grandma!

I could go on and on, of course, but I might suck up the rest of my memory if I try to list every detail. I know as I'm writing this, as rough as the end of 2007 turned out to be, I've had rougher years. Sadder years. Years when I'd thought life would never, never get better...and yet it always did. Always, always.

Love and blessings to all of you, and wishing you a WONDERFUL 2008!

XOX Jen

No comments: