Friday, December 14, 2007

Friday 5

1. Christmas Brunch at the nursing home: not bad at all except for the powdered eggs. What? For ONE DAY OUT OF THE WHOLE FREAKIN' YEAR they can't say "screw the cholesterol" and let these old folks chow down on the real thing? But it was a beautiful brunch, with a chocolate fountain for dipping fresh fruit. Coffee: undrinkable. Candied sweet potatos: awesome!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Beth, Hubby, Grandma, Me, and Miss R.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Grandma is smiling, but secretly thinking...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

"What the heck is Miss R. doing with MY fuzzy little bear?!?"

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Grandma and the Jolly Clauses

Note: Santa said "HO! HO! HO!" in spite of intense media pressure to come up with a more suitable phrase


2. I survived the first 3 days on my new floor without being assaulted, spit at, or even cussed out. The fact that I stayed behind the desk 90% of the time may have had something to do with it. By yesterday, though, I was raring to go. Seriously. I think I'm psyched up for...psych!

3. Went to Borders last night, worked on my paranormal and started something new. Which meant yesterday I:
a. got up at 5:15 a.m.
b. worked till 3:30 p.m.
c. stayed at Borders till 11 p.m.
d. went to bed at 1:30 a.m.
e. got up at 5:15 again today. For no particular reason. Go figure.

4. I haven't bought One. Single. Thing. for Christmas. I just can't get into the holiday spirit. I have way too much stuff on my mind, between the new job, hubby's NO job, and--

5. A difficult decision I have to make SOON.

Ho, ho, ho, indeed.

No comments: