Saturday, February 16, 2008

Putzing

No writing today. I slept late, completed 2 crits, and now I'm off to my niece's birthday party.

Tomorrow I'm anticipating a word marathon. I've kind of strayed from my ghost story (yeah, kick me now) and have been playing around with something else. So tomorrow I'll decide if it's worth it--otherwise, back to the spooks which, I fear, needs a major overhaul.

Do you ever feel like you're simply at "loose ends" where your writing in concerned? It's not that you're not writing. Of course you're writing. You might even be writing a fair amount of words on a daily basis. But you're piddling around with this and that, or going back to tweak some old stuff, or putzing around with an idea that struck you out of the blue--and not really accomplishing anything of significance.

Yup, that's pretty much been my week.

And a friend gave me a copy of Jodie Picoult's The Tenth Circle...and it's STARING at me right now...waiting...begging...luring me to pick it up.

"Stop it!" she cried, clenching her fists to her ears. "Make it stop! Make it stop!"

Happy weekend!

No comments: