Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful Wednesday is over.

Grandma's appointment was at 2:45 p.m. I got home at 7:00 p.m. Trust me: that was my last field trip!

Other thoughts:

1. American Idol. Am I the only one who's not really impressed with anyone? Nobody "wows" me. But since I fell asleep in the middle of it, I might have missed something, no?

2. Does it crack you up when people say "Man, it's cold as hell!"? I said it myself this morning. Actually it's probably much colder than hell...

3. A local man--Bobby Cutts Jr. who murdered his girlfriend, Jessie Davis, and their unborn baby, Chloe--escaped the death penalty and will not be eligible for parole till he's 87 years old. Personally I think they should paste posters of Jessie all over his cell, top to bottom, so he can stare at her face for the next 50+ years. Jessie's mom stated she was relieved he didn't get this death penalty because she doesn't want Jessie and Bobby's other child, Blake, spending the next few years waiting for his father to be executed. My heart breaks for this family. Please don't click on this unless you're interested in the graphic details.

4. I may have to give up TV entirely till this election is over:

"Honey, put down that baseball bat!"

"Ma'am, please step away from the TV!"

"Mom, are you taking your meds? Can we come visit you soon? Do those shock treatments...hurt?"

5. No mole corpse yet. I keep sniffing.

No comments: