Tuesday, May 26, 2009

So far today:

Watched 2 biopics: "Lady Sings the Blues" (Billie Holiday) and "Star" (Gertrude Lawrence). I love Julie Andrews but "Star" was hokey and beyond boring--why haven't they made a *real* movie about the life of Gertrude Lawrence? And while I'm not a huuuge Diana Ross fan (not since her Motown years) I see why people screamed racism when she lost the Oscar that year to Liza Minnelli. Her performance was phenomenal!

Drank coffee.

Then I had ice cream for breakfast.

And coffee.

Then I emailed, Twittered, the usual stuff.

Then on one trip outside I had to pry a fresh dead bird out of puppy's mouth--headless, warm, soaked with blood. Thank you, little kitty who lives right behind us whose Idiot Owners let him roam the neighborhood at will. Eli charged him once. Next time I'm letting go of the leash. Message to cat: This here's a huntin' dog, buddy, and he's hankerin' bad for some free fee-line @$$.

More coffee.

Read 50 more pages of OpheliaLaughs's outstanding manuscript which BY ALL RIGHTS BELONGS ON A BOOKSTORE SHELF!

Fell asleep for ten minutes. Hey, I've been up since 5:30 a.m.

Decided against a second serving of ice cream; there's only a smidge left at the bottom of the carton, so I'll be thoughtful and leave it for someone else to lick out.

Now I have to get ready for work so I can get there early and VOTE on a contract issue even though the contract isn't up and this whole thing ticks me off. But hey, that's another story.

I'm revising tomorrow if it kills me!

No comments: