Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Launch Party SUCCESS!

If the success of a book signing can be measured by how many books you sell...well, Borders SOLD OUT!

I didn't get *that* many pictures, but first, here is the surprise sent to me by my stepmom, et al yesterday morning:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Beautiful!!!!

Pam met me at Borders at 6 where we set up the refreshments (cookies, brownies, donuts, kolachkies--or however you spell that--and punch) and she managed to keep me distracted enough NOT to freak out. Her daughter Ashley, Beth, and Beth's friend Ashley also helped out!

LOTS of people (they ran out of chairs):

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I gave a small talk, read a passage, answered questions, drew names for door prizes (cello CDs, Elvis, and a Dr. Grip pen, lol--those of you who read the book will understand the signficance of that) then signed books. The clerks were scrambling the shelves for additional copies because they hadn't put enough out--and there were none to be found:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

In the midst of it all, I got an Eastern Onion telegram!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Pam and me:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So yes, it went GREAT--and I came home, collapsed on the couch, and slept in my clothes. Today I did nothing but sit around and watch movies. Now I just tried to leave to pick Beth up from work--and my damn CAR won't start! So much for heading back to Borders to get any work done. Maybe this is a sign I should do nothing today!

No comments: