Thursday, June 18, 2009

MY DAY SO FAR

I've been up since 4:45 a.m. This is after going to bed at 7 p.m. because my stomach was killing me. Seriously, I've been on the Protonix for a week and I'm really no better. Dr. B suggested I add Pepcid to the regimen so I guess I'll be stopping at the drug store today.

I've cut back on the coffee (down to 2-3 cups a day instead of my usual 2 pots). Me giving up coffee is almost as bad as me giving up cigarettes: once I stop hyperventilating, I want to rush to the car and stuff a couple bags of Seattle's Best under the seat. Just in case, yanno.

I gave up the Nicorette gum because that was most definitely the nail in the coffin. I'm wearing the patch and taking it off at night so I don't A. wake up every hour, or B. wake up exhausted from those long epic dreams, or C. wake up with muscle twitches, or D. not wake up.

I took Elijah for a walk, but he acted like such a butthole I gave up and cut it short. I just can't take him sniffing every-single-damn-blade-of-grass, or standing in the middle of the sidewalk for 5 minutes to stare at people across the street. Plus it was raining. Plus he took a dump on a lawn which meant I had to scoop it up in a bag. And carry it. Like, forever. Now, back home, he's into everything. Why does it seem my vocabulary lately is strictly limited to "NO" "GET DOWN" "LEAVE IT" "MOVE" "QUIET" and "DROP IT" ?

I ate twice, which technically means I already had breakfast and lunch. Now I'm thinking about dinner. Probably by dinner time today I'll be ready for tomorrow's breakfast.

No comments: