Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Warning: Please Hide All Sharp Instruments, Blunt Objects, and Other Potentially Lethal Weapons

Two procedures scheduled for June 9th. Hospital calls me to say my primary insurance (through my job) will not pay for it. This I already knew. No biggie, right? Because I have a secondary insurance through my husband's job.

Oh, no, no, noooo! Secondary insurance, according to caller (the "financial counselor"--hello, you are not "counseling" me, you are Pissing Me Off and Adding to My Already Mind-Boggling stress) is not "obligated" to pay for these procedures if they're denied by my primary insurance.

Note: procedures will run upwards of $5,000.

WTF? WTF, WTF, WTF?

Questions:

So why are we paying for TWO w-o-r-t-h-l-e-s-s insurances? One would be more than sufficient to send me over the edge.

And why am I not DEAD yet, considering the amount of pain I've been in for the past several months waiting for this stupid appointment?

(Hubby's checking on this now) Tick, tock, tick, tock...

In the midst of this phone conversation, puppy decided to munch on my cell phone. Once the cell was rescued (with multiple epithets that didn't go unnoticed by your friendly neighbor counselor) he then absconded with my iPod. This failed to enhance any kindly feelings on my part toward the caller.

Disgruntled and headachy, I then plodded to the library to discover 2 missing books + $28 fine...from a year ago. Jeez, you'd think they'd send me a collection notice or something.

Did I mention I'm out of Zantac? Not that it helps.

Anyway, Eli's at day care--for his own protection--and now I somehow have to put aside the last few pages of HOLLY'S amazing manuscript so I can work on revisions while I freaking-have-the-chance!

Hang in there, Holly. I promise to finish up soon. :)

No comments: