Saturday, January 26, 2008

New Toy to Cheer Me Up

I slept till 11:15 a.m. this morning. Now I'm sitting here drowning my sorrows in hot-from-the-oven, greasy, yummy, chocolate-chocolate-chip muffins.

I thought about writing, decided my keyboard sucks rocks, so I ran out to buy a new one. When you're used to a laptop, the traditional ones feel like you need a hammer to effectively hit the keys. Plus there's nothing like spending money to pull you out of a crappy mood. I love my laptop--but there's some nice about cozying up in a warm, tiny room with the door shut and candles burning and fewer distractions, which is why I'm trying to use my office more.

I bought a Logitech 600 (NOT cordless) and it's sooo nice. I feel like I have to reach farther to hit the keys, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. $30 at Office Max. Don't ask me what all those thingmabobbers are at the top of they keyboard because I have noooo idea and I sure don't plan to touch them. But the keys respond well to a very light touch--not like a laptop, but better than what I had.

Now I'm thinking about writing again...

No comments: