Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I hate day shift.

Nobody in their right mind gets up at 5:15 a.m. and GOES anywhere. I'm awake every hour during the night, looking at the clock, thinking, "I have to get up in four hours...I have to get up in three hours...I have to get up in two hours...I have to get up in twenty minutes..." By 5:15 I'm exhausted--and *then* I have to:

1. Get up
2. Turn up the heat beacause hubby prefers to sleep in an igloo
3. Make coffee
4. Shower
5. Dress
6. Drink coffee and smoke
7. Dry hair
8. Drink coffee and smoke
9. Put makeup on
10. Start car
11. Run around like an idiot for my purse, keys, coat, badge, money, cell, coffee mug andanythingelseIcanthinkofandIalwaysforgetsomething
12. Leave at 6:15 Drive to work in real TRAFFIC

By the time I get home (around 4:30 p.m if I'm lucky) all I want to do then is collapse. I could seriously go to sleep the second I fall out of the car into my driveway. But all that means is that 5:15 a.m. tomorrow will roll around even sooner. :(

(good thing nobody expects me to cook dinner)

So I'm forcing myself to stay awake (and American Idol tonight is my incentive). Did you BELIEVE that goofball with the Princess Leia 'do??? O vey.

No comments: