Friday, August 10, 2007

Friday 10

1. I'm still soggy. I FREAKING HATE THIS WEATHER! I want to move to Finland to be with SOOKIE06!

2. Because of the storms rolling through all week, the hospital has been plagued with power outtages. This means searching a pitch black med room with a flashlight for antibiotics. This means dragging my a$$ up 5 flights of steps because the one working elevator is reserved for visitors. This means NO COFFEE because the cafeteria is closed and I can't make any on the floor because, duh, there's no power for the coffee pot. This also means no air conditioning. This also means I am highly crabby.

3. Stopped at Starbucks this morning, but made Beth run and get my coffee. The reason *she* had to run in is because I wasn't dressed. Yes, I was driving around town in my pajamas. How tacky is that? Do you supposed S.E. Hinton drives around town in her pajamas?

4. I promptly spilled said coffee down the front of said pajamas.

5. My kitty is not long for this world. He's been under the same chair for two days and only comes out to use the box. All he'll eat is yoghurt and I have to serve it to him. Beth even blended his food and he still won't touch it. He's an old, old man. I've had him for over 16 years. :(

6. Evaluating my edits is like plucking petals from a daisy:

---Crap.
---Not crap.
---Crap.
---Not crap.

So far "not crap" seems to be winning. But parts of it may be seriously crapfilled.

7. Corey's second birthday party is this weekend so I'll get to socialze for the first time in, like, a month. Corey looooooves his Tante!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

8. My blurb in Publishers Weekly:

Before, After, and Somebody In Between ($16.95) by Jeannine Garsee. A Cinderella twist raises Martha from the ghetto and gives her a new family. (14-up)

No review but it was great to get a mention!

9. Also from Midwest Book Review: An hour into her first day of tenth grade, Martha knows she's in trouble: the school bully has threatened her life and her home life is in shambles. She wants to play cello – but even music is dangerous, until a wealthy lawyer provides a possible key to moving away from her dangerous life. A poignant story of a girl's struggles to be someday [sic] and escape dangers evolves in a complex plot highly recommended for older teens.

Except I'm not quite sure what they're trying to say in that last sentence. ??????

10. I'm debating between edits or a nap. Or possibly changing out of this coffee-soaked nightshirt.

No comments: