Saturday, August 18, 2007

PES #2

Another Positive Energy Saturday planned for work today. Tangela wants to drag this out for the entire weekend. Somehow I'm not sure this is possible, I can only, ya know, "act nice" for so long.

Thirty pages left to go on the dead lesbian mother Say the Word. By this time next week I (and the others who generously offered) will be reading a hard copy. By Labor Day this sucker will g-o-n-e.

And yes, my nerves are kicking in. Just because you sell one book is no guarantee you'll ever sell another. I'm keeping this in mind, like Every. Fricking. Minute. Beth is begging me to finish up my paranormal but I think there might be another YA left in me. My Not-Your-Usual-Boy-and-His-Dog story is aching to be written.

Right now I'm not committing myself to either. I'll decide when this one is finished and I've had a chance to catch my breath. Sometimes I just sit there, my hands fall to the lap and I stare at the screen and think: How much more can I take? Partly because I've been editing this for a minimum of 20-30 hours a week--on TOP of my RJ (realjob) of course. But also, emotionally, it's been a difficult one to write.

No comments: