Friday, April 18, 2008

Friday 5

1. The worst thing about being on this vacation (aside from having to go back to work...tomorrow...at 7 a.m.) is that I found how how much writing I could get done if I didn't have a job. It's depressing, b/c I don't see this changing any time soon. Now, once again, my writing will be squished into my measly days off. To those of you writers who don't have to hold down jobs outside the home--please, please, enjoy! And take advantage of it! Time is so precious.

2. As noted in my previous post, the copyedits are completed and in the mail as we speak. Can anyone explain HOW several sentences in my copy did not show up on the editor's copy? Who is this nasty troll living in my hard drive?

3. After several tries, I finally got my car windows fixed which means I'm not driving around in a Hickmobile anymore. No tape on the windows to hold them up? How perfectly posh. Now if they can only figure out what's wrong with my a/c before it's 90 degrees out.

4. Speaking of cars, I'm back in my major car envy mode. This is my latest crush:
Photobucket
I probably won't see it in my driveway for another year...but I can dream, right?

5. I planned to do some more revising tonight, but to tell you the truth: I am totally burned out. I can't believe I have enough energy even to write this post. Tonight's plan: to vegetate in front of the TV (like there's anything on) or maybe do some reading. Then early to bed. If anyone's awake tomorrow morning at 5:30 a.m. EST please give me a call and make sure I'm up. Or at least conscious. :)

PS: Spring's officially here--Jen just hauled out her Birkie sandals and painted her toenails blue!

No comments: