Thursday, May 17, 2007

Timeline Hell

Ohhh my God, I'm having the most unbelievably ridiculous time-frame screw up nightmare in the history of the written word. Copy-paste-copy-paste-edit-edit-scream-coffee-cigarette-copypastepcopypastecopypaste- infinity!

Never.

Again.

Will I write.

Without.

An.

Outline.

I've been editing like a madwoman for three days straight and slashed probably 20 pages. I lost track of the word count, so don't even ask. In spite of the difficulties--all of which I brought on myself--I'm totally psyched. It is going well, believe it or not.

I may have to put it aside for a few days, for a crazy reason. Well, crazy for me, anyway. I'm being interviewed by our suburban newspaper and the reporter *gulp* is coming to my house next Thursday. It's either CLEAN this hellhole or die of sheer humiliation.

I have one week.

No comments: