Thursday, May 3, 2007

TRYING to Revise

Whoa, I'm a HOT NEW RELEASE on Amazon. Yay!

I haven't been sleeping very well, which I blame on a variety of things: pure exhaustion from essentially working TWO jobs, shattered nerves, serious hot flashes, and a piece-of-crap mattress that's bent on destroying every muscle fiber in my body. Yesterday I headed to Borders as usual, but only made it through 3 hours of revisions; I was simply too tired to concentrate. Then today I woke up with an excruciating migraine, the kind where you swallow pain pills, hope they stay down, and then writhe in agony, praying for a blessedly swift death. Partially functional by 1 p.m. I dragged myself back to Borders and actually accomplished something: 40 pages to go and I'll be finished with the first revision.

Next I need to:

1. Take a long hard look at Shawna's dubious time line.

2. Change some details, plus add a few more here and there (I'm not much for description, but hello, do these people have faces?) and complete a couple of scenes I, um, kind of left hanging.

3. Oh, and the "best" part? SLASH 100 PAGES!

No comments: