Sunday, March 30, 2008

Almost Finished

Previous word count: 86K

New word count: 77K

I have maybe a half dozen scenes to tweak. But Hubby's cleaning the bathroom and bleach has infiltrated my bronchioles which is SO not conducive to the creative process. Plus it's giving me a headache, and I'm too lazy to go to Borders because that, yanno, involves making myself look human which, at the moment, I totally do not.

What I've Learned:

1. Well, the obvious: I can tell an 86,100 word story in 77,500 words without changing the story. Isn't that amazing?

2. Related to # 1: Nobody needs that many adjectives and adverbs, haha.

3. No matter how many people go over your story for you, things will be missed. Teeny time frame screw-ups. Echos. Redundancies. Typos. Formatting errors. Tense mistakes. Yeah, I write in present tense, have always written in present tense. I found a number of past tenses. Hello!

4. I hate this new version of MS Word. You know how you start each chapter on Line 10? This version doesn't even show me where frickin' Line 10 IS! I'll have to move down to the Dinosaur to format my chapters.

5. It's a good story. And I'm not just saying that cuz I wrote it. :)

No comments: