Monday, March 24, 2008

Monday Me

Work: Yeah, I had to work Easter Sunday. Not too bad of a shift till the very end, when it took 10 people to subdue a single patient. I gave the injections, which reminded me of a scene out of M*A*S*H except we remembered to pull down his pants. Don't you love those shows when they jab the needles right through the clothes? Uh, that never happens IRL.

Easter: When the kids were small, we'd color eggs together, hunt for Easter baskets, dress up and go to church, visit relatives, enjoy a huge meal, and stuff ourselves silly with chocolate and jellybeans.

Times have changed. This year I dragged myself home from work, sprung Grandma from the nursing home--and this was our "Easter" dinner: cheeseburgers with mushrooms and onions, French fries, and chocolate cake. But with just the four of us (Nate was working) and with my having to work day shift, it seemed a waste of time (and utterly impossible) to cook a major meal. Most of my family celebrates Orthodox Easter, anyway, and that's not for another month. Beth and I exchanged boxes of chocolates, Grandma got a bunny and candy, and that was about it. No church, of course, since I can't be two places at once, but I did take a few moments for some serious reflection. Later I conked out in front of one of my favorite old movies--

Photobucket
Mildred Pierce.

--and didn't wake up till 9:00 this morning.

Edits: Yes, I have the bulk of the work done. Slash, slash, slash. Add, add, add. Slash, slash, slash. I hope to turn this version in by the end of this weekend. Editing a second book is nowhere near as intimidating as editing the first. Maybe because I'm not as pathologically attached to every.....single.....freaking.....word? Things are moving along.

Me: Anyone else desperately in need of a DIET??? Please say yes!

No comments: