Friday, March 28, 2008

Saturday Morning and Ready to EMAO

Why is it on the weekends I have to work--and be there at 7 a.m.--I can't get up? I mean I seriously. Cannot. Get. Out of bed. And when I finally do get up--late--I sit in a coma, drinking coffee, dreaming about crawling back into bed, staring at the clock till it's pretty much guaranteed I'll be late.

Now today, Saturday morning--my weekend OFF--I woke up at 5 a.m. for No Apparent Reason, showered, dressed, did my hair, made coffee, read emails, browsed my friends' pages--and it's not even 6:30. I'm wide awake. Full of energy. And in a basically good mood.

Weirdness abounds.

I'm still Editing-MAO. I think addressed most (all?) of the issues in my editorial letter. I have a couple scenes that don't sit well with me yet, so I've set them aside and will do them last. For now I'm trimming the word count (by 7K so far) and hope to finish it up this weekend.

Horoscope: You are ready to climb a mountain for the fun of it or a hill of work because it is required. Either way, you need to be careful so you don't burn yourself out before you reach your destination. It's not about applying yourself with any less intention; it's about making sure that you don't waste energy by doing something that is neither pleasurable nor productive.

No comments: