Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Editing, Editing

Edit, edit. Cut, cut. Write, write. Delete, delete. Check word count every thirty-five seconds, not that I'm obsessed or anything.

Photobucket
"Please, please, please! I desperately need a break from this madness!"

Photobucket
"A break, you say? But you're under contract. You get no break!"

Photobucket
"That's right, you lazy, no-talent slob! Listen to hairy little pal. You must edit! You must edit!"

Photobucket
"I can't, I can't! I'm exhausted. I must sleep, sleep, sleeeeep....."

Photobucket
"Oh, no! Now what?"

Photobucket
"I'll tell you now what! NO MONEY. She'll live the rest of her life in squalor, blogging idiotic anecdotes about nothing. Ahh-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-hahaha!"

Photobucket
"Wait. She gets money for this?"

Photobucket
("...I get money?")

Photobucket
"Only if you write something worth reading! Before your damn deadline! Time's running out, my pretty!"

Photobucket
"But...but...I'm doing the best I can! Oh, have a heart!"

Photobucket
"I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that."

Photobucket
"Oh, don't let that old beyotch intimidate you, honey. You know you can do it. You can do it! Do it! DO IT! DO IT!"

BAM!

Photobucket


Silence.


Photobucket
"Um, I meant finish your edits, you silly girl!"

2 comments:

Lisa Yak said...

ah, your creativity knows no bounds, my dear! LOVED this post.

And, if it helps, I'm right there with you in editing hell (um, and I was JUST about to get back to it, in fact, when I stumbled on this blog post...yeah, that's it...not like I was surfing endlessly in avoidance or anything...)

Jeannine Garsee said...

Yeah, I hear ya!

Edit...goof around...edit...goof around...nothing wrong with OUR attention span, is there? :)