Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Bird Sitting

While Beth is in Vegas I've been looking after her bird.

I like birds. I'm not a HUGE FAN of birds, but birds are okay...like, when they're in a cage, or flying around outside. Not flapping around the room a mile a minute and then dive-bombing into your hair. But she lets this thing out every day for exercise and after 2 days I felt a bit sorry for it.

So I let it out.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This bird dislikes me. Actually, I don't think it's *me* she totally dislikes; it's just that she loooooves Beth, and I am not Beth.

So I let her fly around a few times (as I covered my head) and then she sits on my shoulder, alternately nibbling on my glasses and trying to eat my necklace. There is something hideously disturbing about the sound of a bird beak chomping madly on a fourteen-carat gold chain less than six inches from your ear drum.

Then she flew down onto my keyboard which she absolutely adores for some reason. Talk about the original "hunt-and-peck" lol. Well, this was annoying. Although she's too light to actually "type" anything, she was definitely in the way. Plus I was afraid she'd crap on the keys. Fritos crumbs, this baby can handle. Bird poop, I'm not so sure.

So finally, after I picked her up off the keyboard for the 10th or 11th time, she settled back onto my pillow.

Then she crapped on the pillow.

Back in the cage, little birdie!!!!

No comments: