Sunday, September 9, 2007

Sears Service Center Sucks Salami

How's that for alliteration?

Now when Mr. Sears (or anyone else) Googles "Sears Service Center" they will happen upon this letter.

Dear Mr. Sears,

When my dryer pooped out, I set up an appointment for Thursday, September 6. I specified MORNING because I work in the afternoon. I save lives for a living. Yours may be the next.

I waited all morning, till 1 p.m. Because 1 p.m., per tradition, is technically no longer "morning" I called to ask why you hadn't shown up. You informed me that the serviceman was running a bit behind (a BIT?) and was still planning to come. I informed you that it's too late, I have to go to work, and could we please reschedule. You asked what would be convenient for me. Well, TODAY would have been very convenient, thank you very much. But since you blew that one, buddy, we made it for Saturday, September 8.

Saturday came and went. Did you show up? Does my dryer work again? Do I have ANY CLEAN CLOTHES aside from the ones that are hanging all over my family room like flea market rejects? The answer to these questions is a resounding NO.

Oh, and by the way--I DID try to call you around 2 p.m. on Saturday when it occured to me you might not be showing up YET AGAIN. Did anyone answer the phone after multiple tries? No. Where the hell were you guys? Out fixing dryers? Oh, wait--I guess that's another big fat NO.

Then I tried your toll-free number and this is what I got: "The number you have reached is either out of service or has been disconnected."

The service number is out of service? This is kinda funny in a tot-ally pathetic way.

Newsflash: My time is actually pretty valuable to me.

It occured to me you might not be showing up to fix my poor old dryer because you're hoping I'll give up and simply buy a new one. So guess what? You succeeded!

I BOUGHT A G.E.! And I didn't buy it from you.

Sincerely,

Jeannine Garsee, who is finished with Sears for the rest of her life.

P.S. I should have learned my lesson with that hot water heater of yours.

No comments: