Thursday, September 6, 2007

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful the dream I had last night was only a dream. Needless to say, I'm feeling a bit stressed.

Right now I'm alternately waiting for the Sears repairman to show up and look at my dead dryer, and shoveling out my health-hazard disaster of a house.

This is not the way I particularly want to spend my morning. Especially since I have to drag my lazy ass into that hell-hole work today.

You all think I exaggerate when I tell you how dirty my house is. This is NOT an exaggeration. I'm not proud of it. But the truth is I can't WORK and WRITE and KEEP MY HOUSE CLEAN. Something has to go...and since it's financially impossible to quit my job, and mentally impossible not to write, guess what goes to the bottom of the priority list?

I found a beetle in the laundry room which is not really a "room" just a closet with a washer and dryer stuffed into it. I'm glad I saw the beetle before Mr. Sears showed up. This sucker was easily the size of my thumb and I've never seen anything that huge in my life. WFT? What was it living on, lint? Cat litter?

About the dryer:

Sears: What's wrong with it?

Me: It doesn't work.

Sears: Did you check the breakers?

Me: (?) Of course.

Sears: What make is the dryer?

Me: (??) Kenmore. I think...

Sears: How old is it?

Me: (???) Um, around thirty.

Sears (???????????) Thirty years?

Me: (No, thirty days, you twit) Give or take a year.

Yah, I know: BREAK DOWN AND BUY NEW ONE! Considering it's $59 just for them to walk through the door, this might not be a bad idea. If I had the money. Which I don't.

In the meantime:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

"But, but, but--! I just wanna know if she READ it yet!!!!!"

No comments: