Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Wednesday Ramblings

"You may feel overly capable of communicating your needs today, but following through might not be as easy as deciding what to do. It isn't the end of the world if you don't ultimately get your way. Carefully step around a potential emotional conflict, for it won't be productive now to lose your temper. You'll be better off if you can find a way to show your intent without being so dramatic."

Me dramatic? Me? MEEEEE????

OK--sometimes. I admit it.

Random babbling:

1. I've discovered these low fat-low carb green onion tortilla wraps from La Tortilla Factory--3 net carbs per wrap and these are actually EDIBLE! A bit pricey at >3 bucks a pack, but well worth it if you're watching carbs. Most of this low card bread-stuff is absolutely crap, but these are delicious!

2. It's bad enough when you have bill collectors calling your house re: unpaid bills. It's even worse having these idiots call your house in regards to someone else...like for Grandma who, unfortunately, must have lived solely off her credit cards (unbeknownst--is that a word?--to any of us) for the past 10 years. What part of "Alzheimers-Medicaid-Now-in-a-nursing-home-and-NO-I-am-not-going-to-tell-you-which-one" do these idiots not understand? They call. And call. And callcallcallcallcall. Newsflash: I did not run up those bills. My name is not on the credit card. If you think I am paying this you are f$king out of your minds."

I totally burned off one collector's ears yesterday. TOTALLY. And guess what? It felt good. I am not a screamer by any stretch of the imagination. Yes, I can be dramatic, and yes, my voice projects--blame this on 3 years of high school drama classes--but I normally don't yell at people. I get "snotty", not loud. But yeah, I was loud yesterday and even though the dude (who gives me a different name every time he calls like he doesn't REALIZE I can recognize his voice by now) tried to talk over me (don't you LOVE when people do that?) I ripped him a new one (sans profanity, even) and slammed the phone. I felt cleansed and rejuvenated. I should scream more often.

3. Do you guys have any idea what a shock/thrill/moment of sheer unreality it is for a brand new author to actually see her name on a page right next to JOHN GREEN'S???

4. Somehow, someway, I intend to use this lady as a future character in a book. Or "character in a future book", even:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketSource

No comments: