I have to admit, I forgot what it's like. Ya know, when you send off a submission...and then you have to wait?
I mean, c'mon, people--it's already been a whole day!
To take my mind off this madness, I've composed a couple of lists.
What I NEED to do:
1. Clean my friggin' house! It stinks. I have apple-scented candles burning at the moment but all this does is stimulate my appetite. Not good.
2. Find my office. I know it's here somewhere. I wrote STW entirely on my laptop but I'm sure I have a PC around here, too.
3. Weed my yard. Actually, I need napalm at this point.
4. Get rid of Grandma's junk car which has been sitting in my driveway for a year and a half. Too bad about that family of mice living in the engine.
5. Get my hair done. I look like a hag.
What I am NOT going to do:
1. Check my email every sixty-seven seconds.
2. Veg out in front the news and smirk over the fact that my life is so much better than 99% of everyone else in the world.
3. Check my email every sixty-seven seconds.
4. Live in my favorite writers' forums.
5. Check my email every sixty-seven seconds.
What I'd LIKE to do:
1. Read. I have TONS of books waiting for me including Triptych by Karin Slaughter--I met her at the BEA and omg, who could imagine such a sweet, darling little thing could write this stuff??? I got to the end of Part One and absolutely shrieked out loud!--and Bad Girls Club by fellow 2k7er Judy Gregerson whose MC's mom makes Martha's look like the Happy Days mom.
2. Write. Yeah, reeeellly??? Working title of next WIP--Dogfather. Why not? At least it's not as eyebrow-raising as Dead Lesbian Mother. "Serious" working titles seem to evade me.
3. Catch up on 2k7 stuff. I'm hopelessly behind.
What I've done SO FAR:
1. Wrote one full page of Dogfather.
2. Drank coffee, smoked cigarettes, gloated over the news, blogged, and posted on forums.
3. Checked my email every sxity-seven seconds.