Saturday, September 15, 2007

Saturday Rambling

I've had a headache for 2 days. This is not good. I just broke down and took 2 pain pills and I am buzzed beyond belief. I hate this. PLUS I have to work today. I hate that, too.

On the bright side I:

1. Bought a washer to match my new dryer. I am in debt up to my nostrils.

2. Bought a chainsaw. YES--a chainsaw. A little electric jobbie so I can hack down the bushes growing wild around my house. Seriously, I would not want to live next door to me. We have a big yard and aside from mowing it every now and then, we do little else. I plan to weed this week. I'll do before-and-after pics if I can find the cord to my camera.

Hubby: Why did you buy a chainsaw with a box written in SPANISH?

I'm sure there is English on there somewhere. Anyway, how hard can it be to figure it out?

Hubby: Why did you buy an ELECTRIC chainsaw?

Because:

1. I couldn't even LIFT the gas ones.

2. I didn't particularly want to spend another $200.

3. I've been asking for a chainsaw for 3 years. Since I had to buy it myself, I bought what I wanted, dammit!

Today I'm going to crit a chapter for a friend, finish packing for Beth (who is off to Vegas tomorrow and has to work all day long) plus iron her dresses and double check everything, do some last minute running around for her (she's never traveled alone before) and then head off to work myself, yippe-yi-oh. This means I have to miss Lydia's birthday party at Chuckie Cheese's...as if my head could tolerate all that racket today. I'll make it up to her. She's my baby.

It's not Positive Saturday, thank goodness. I don't think I have the energy to be totally nice for eight hours. :)

I am sooooogoing to miss Beth!!!

No comments: